general data protection regulation (gdpr)
Bunzl plc (the “Company”), strives to comply with applicable laws and regulations in the countries where the Company, and its subsidiaries operates, including those relating to data protection.
The data protection principles of The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“EU GDPR”) 2016/679 outline the basic responsibilities for organisations handling Personal Data.
As a Company we strive to ensure that:
- Personal Data is processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject.
- Personal Data is collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Personal Data is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is processed.
- Personal Data is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal Data is kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the Personal Data is processed.
- The Company uses appropriate technical or organisational measures to process Personal Data in a manner that ensures appropriate security of Personal Data, including protection against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alternation, unauthorised access to, or disclosure of such Personal Data.
- Data Controllers are responsible for, and able to demonstrate compliance with, the principles outlined above.